Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Why Balance Matters - Practice
Play this game from Digital Passport to see how devices distract us from important things in our lives.
Practice your skills for knowing how to keep yourself safe online.
1. Digital Access: full electronic participation in society.
2. Digital Commerce: electronic buying and selling of goods.
3. Digital Communication: electronic exchange of information.
4. Digital Literacy: process of teaching and learning about technology and the use of technology.
5. Digital Etiquette: electronic standards of conduct or procedure.
6. Digital Law: electronic responsibility for actions and deeds
7. Digital Rights & Responsibilities: those freedoms extended to everyone in a digital world.
8. Digital Health & Wellness: physical and psychological well-being in a digital technology world.
9. Digital Security (self-protection): electronic precautions to guarantee safety.
Websites on Digital Literacy
Common Sense Media
Site includes videos, articles, and community discussions focusing on Internet topics such as safety, digital citizenship, and social media for educators and parents.
An educational resource from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Discusses various Internet safety topics.
Digital Literacy for Teachers and Parents